Saturday, 24 April 2010

Ian Dury & The Blockheads - BBC Sight & Sound (1977)

This was shown on BBC4 last night. First broadcast in late 1977 on BBC2 and on BBC Radio One,from the Queen Mary College on the Mile End Road,East London,its Ian Dury and the Blockheads. Also featured at this BBC concert but not featured here was Dr Feelgood but for some reason thats out of sync so I chopped it off and didn't bother uploading it. I also chopped off the gimp presenting this programme (Pete Drummond) because,well....he spoilt it! To make matters worse last night,I managed to miss half the Dr Feelgood documentary which was on before this was grrrrr. It was a bit of a pub rock night you see. So if anyone clocks the Feelgood docu entitled "Oil City Conspiracy" point it out to me please because as a BBC Licence payer,I would like to have it :)


Anyway this 30 minutes of classic Ian Dury is good enough and theres bound of been plenty of you who missed it in the UK and many more from foriegn fields who haven't seen it too.
Use HJ-Split to join the files together http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/ 288mb in total.




Tracks


1) Sex & Drugs & Rock 'N' Roll
2) I'm Partial To Your Abracada
3) Wake Up And Make Love With Me
4) Clever Trevor
5) Billericay Dickie
6) Sweet Gene Vincent
7) Blockheads



http://rapidshare.com/files/379719683/ID_tB_s_-_S_S.avi.001

http://rapidshare.com/files/379734802/ID_tB_s_-_S_S.avi.002

http://rapidshare.com/files/379747427/ID_tB_s_-_S_S.avi.003

13 comments:

Marky Dread said...

You're a diamond as always, I missed this and am well chuffed to have it cheers mate.

Lee said...

I did this the other way round I recorded the Dr Feelgood and found this concert at the end, but it cut off after Sex and drugs :(
Anyway Oil city is available on the BBC I Player for the next week, give it a watch it's good.

cachoperro said...

This looks really good. Thanks.

Longy said...

Cheers for the comments lads and thanks for the tip about the iplayer Lee. Always forgetting about that thing!

Right got a crack on. Having one of my most nervous days of the season today lol.

Chris said...

Great night on BBC 4 the other night...with the film & the concert,what a band Dr Feelgood must have been live with Wilco in the 70s ! The film is repeated tonight (sunday) at 11.20.....Chris

garychching said...

Cheers Longy, I watched this firs ttime roud so its great to watch again after all these years.

Lee said...

Pete Drummond showed 1977 wasn't as cool as we like to remember haha, that jumper was a horror!

Si said...

Cripes, this looks amazing - top trumps as usual Longy.

Cheers

Longy said...

Cheers Chris,Gary,Lee and Si.

I still managed to miss the repeat last night. Got in about the time it started. Never mind,the iplayer it is then. And yes Lee,you are right about that jumper!

montysmusic said...

hi ta for this excellent vid ive just watched the latest film about Ian but this vid is massively better
5 star
phil

Longy said...

Your welcome monty. I enjoyed the film I must admit although it was a little different to what I expected.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! Thanks a lot for both of these Dury broadcasts. I live in Scandinavia, so I missed the BBC concert.
And I remember watching the Rockpalast thing when I was 14. I had never heard of Ian Dury back then, and I just sat there in front of the TV, mouth wide open, thinking "what the f...". Oh, memories.

Longy said...

No worries Anon. Your welcome and thanks for commenting :)