
I get very influenced by fellow bloggers and once again Jeffen over at http://musicruinedmylife.blogspot.com/ has done it again with his cracking Demob post. So this one is for you Jeff.
Alas this is not a full gig. I think whoever filmed this came in half way through but its Demob so I'm grateful to have anything of them on film. I brought this on ebay for less than a price of a pint so I can't complain. Its only 26 minutes and its 255mb. As its not professionally shot its not exactly DVD quality and sound wise its like one of my vinyl rips! If that hasn't put you off then nothing will. Enjoy.
Demob
http://www.mediafire.com/?djmmdyomr1j
http://www.mediafire.com/?mt3tyqzjjzz
http://www.mediafire.com/?zzgnnn22y3y


12 comments:
Another ripping rip. Thanks for the good words too.
(I linked to it on my post).
Ta
Cheers Jeff :-)
'No room for you' Must have been written by someone else.Its a classic tune unlike every other thing ive heard by Demob.
Thanks for the rip.
WMHP
Your welcome WMHP. Thanks for making me laugh the other day too.
I was at the gig and think it was one of the best sets i`ve seen from demob. been looking for this ever since, even gave the bloke filming it a fiver and address to send me a copy, never arrived though! Cheers for posting this and a top blog!
Thanks corbypunk.
It's amazing what comes up when you are looking for stuff and I was pleasantly suprised to find these links and comments.
Ok! I'd like to clear a few things up for you guys here;
1/ To the anonymouse poster, No Room For You was written by Bob 'Miff' Smith who I introduced to the band in late 1978, I used to go out with his sister Debbie and that's how he got into the band :-)
Miff wrote the music and lyrics for this song and I have to agree it is a complete classic, however all other songs were written (lyrics) mainly myself, Terry Elcock and Miff Smith between 1978-83 and music was mainly Terry Elcock/Smith/Kanonik*.
2/ The first song Anti-Police lyrics were written by myself and I actually sung the song to Terry Elcock (Guitar) and he would pick out the cords to fit the melody I was singing, that was the way most Demob songs came about in the early days and pretty much in the latter days.
3/ to the guy who paid £5 for the video rip, email me at demob_punk@yahoo.co.uk I will make sure you get your money back, the guy who sent it to you is a mate and I know he will reimburse you.
4/ Demob reformed in 2002 and have played halfway around the world and back, something that could of happend but once again due to musical indifferences, lack of commitment and laziness it all came to an end in 1983 at the Skunx club in London, but due to a phone call from Brian Sheklian (GTA in California) it was the rebirth of the band for nearly 8 years until August of this year 2009 at the Rebellion festival where the band played their last ever gig.
There is much about the history of the band to be revealed in book form which is my desire but that's another story.
*Andy K came up with the melodies
All the best
Andy K
Demob/Noise Agents
www.myspace.com/demobpunk
www.myspace.com/noiseagents
Well I feel truely honoured to hear from an original member of Demob. Thanks for all that Andy.
only half joking with my comment about 'no room for you' Im a fan of your music, and own a fair bit of it. Thanks for taking the time to post here and hope the rebellion gig wasnt your last.
WMHP
1. "hope the rebellion gig wasnt your last" - I guarantee it won't be their last, in spite of their comments to the contrary
2. "due to a phone call from Brian Sheklian (GTA in California) it was the rebirth of the band". Yeah... but you neglecct to mention how Brian & other friends on the underground punk scene were treated by the reformed Demob:
http://www.geocities.com/collaborators04/briangta2.html
Opportunists and fakes
No offence Freshy but if you have a problem with Andy and obviously you do,here isn't the place to air it.
Cheers
I will reply to this in full soon lads as I have all the original emails between myself, Brian and Terry the original Demob guitarist, I will say in short that we messed up with Brian and have since apologized but there is a lot more to this story that people don't know.
All the best
Andy K
Post a Comment