Sunday, 16 August 2009

Buzzcocks - Reconciliation CD Single (2006)


This is one I downloaded off soulseek a while back.

A quick review of Fridays gig. I expected it to be good but it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best gigs I've seen in many years. They kicked off with Boredom and the crowd were in a frenzy. Songs I remember off the top of my sweating head included What Do I Get,Whatever Happened To,Oh Shit,I Don't Mind,Autonmony,Love You Love,Noise Annoys,Harmony In My Head,Why Can't I Touch It,Promises,Fast Cars,Sick City Sometimes,Why Shes The Girl From The Chainstore and many many more. Encore was Orgasm Addict and Ever Fallen In Love.

What really stood out was how much the band seemed to enjoy this small venue. Diggle was especially loving it. We were for sure. I can't really stress enough how f****** brilliant this gig was. Fifteen quid.......bargain of the centuary! The added bonus for me was despite the excess beer,I made the train for the football and saw my boys "stuff" Hull City 2 1 (Don't be fooled by the scoreline and the injury time winner.......it was a slaughter....honest!)

PS I was yapping to some Scots geezer before the gig and again afterwards. His Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranious Snuff Rock T shirt getting my attention. It turns out he was Jock Strap,singer with The Straps. A pissed up dual vocal version of "Brixton" followed later at the bar. Its a small world we live in!


Tracks



1) Reconciliation
2) See Through You
3) Holding Me Down



http://rapidshare.com/files/375846926/_2006__Reconciliation_CDS.rar

17 comments:

arstider said...

Thanks for this one

Seems you have had a good weekend... :-D

Best wishes from Sweden

Longy said...

Indeed I did arstider. All I need now to make it perfect is for Man Utd and Tottenham to both lose today :-)

kennyhel77 said...

Glad you enjoyed the gig Longy! The guys from The Straps are good solid guys. I had this single but lost it when my external drive dumped. I am dl'ing it right now!!
Ken

Longy said...

Hello Ken,yep you would of loved it mate......pity about todays football results though!

Anonymous said...

Good site brother.

Longy said...

Cheers Erick

Anonymous said...

thought the football results today were pretty good myself
A.J

kennyhel77 said...

Was that a dig at my Hammers??????

Funny story to tell about the Buzzers. About '95 or so, The Buzzcocks were playing 30 minutes up the road from where I lived. My friends band The Odd Numbers were the support slot. My buddy and I blagged our way into the backstage area and I proceeded to steal all of The Buzzcocks beer. As I was nicking the last few ones for drinking purposes, Pete Shelley walks in and catches me red handed taking the rest of the bands beer. Believe it or not, he was VERY gracious and nice. He then introduced me to his...ahem, son??? He let me keep the rest of the Heinekens as I walked away. That was the only time that I was star struck in my whole life. I never got to see them in their prime. I did however, see them twice in 6 months when they got back together. I was in heaven.
Ken

Longy said...

Na not at all Ken (even though I do dislike West Ham alot) I was refering to Spurs and Man U. Don't get too attached to your Manager though because he'll be back with us in about 2/3 years.

Good story that. Made me chuckle about the beer theft.

kennyhel77 said...

Cheers, I have not been able to check scores today, and we get the games on delay a few days afterwards. I could spot some more cash and get Sky Tv and help my cause, but I have been real busy of late.
Ken

Longy said...

I haven't got SKY either Ken. When I'm not at the football or up the pub,I watch all right here

http://www.myp2p.eu/

and its FREE :-)

Anonymous said...

Cheers Longy-O!!
Got me thinking about what I saw a couple times at their shows...the absolute mayhem in the pit. Got a Twins AND Vikes (preseason) win at the bar last Friday night from MN.
Viacomclosedmedown on youtube and DU blog/ning

Longy said...

Cheers viacom. I'll be honest with ya....I haven't a scooby what "Got a Twins AND Vikes (preseason) win at the bar last Friday night from MN" means. I take it its some kind of American Football? You've lost me lol

Hoagy said...

Thanks for this
:-)

Longy said...

Your most welcome Hoagy

Nazz Nomad said...

good to hear ya seen the Booze-cocks.
It musta been perfect.

ps...

where do I find a Alberto Y Lost Trios Paranious Snuff Rock T ??????

Longy said...

Good question and one I should of asked Jock. Very good T shirt it was. All black with the Snuff Rock front cover in the middle in a large circle shape.