Thursday, 18 December 2008

Ramones - Howling At The Moon (Sha-La-La) 12'' (1985)



Of course the Ramones stuff is uploaded everywhere by man, woman,child and beast and a thousand compilations but fuck it, they sound better on 12'' single (doesn't everything?) This is also one of my favourites of theirs and definately my favourite from the 80's. All three tracks are ace and you just have to love their take on the Rolling Stones on Streetfighting Man. God bless The Ramones, a band that will never be forgotten. R.I.P. Joey,Johnny and Dee Dee

Tracks

1) Howling At The Moon (Sha-La-La)
2) Smash You
3) Streetfighting Man

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

one of my all time Ramones releases. Mine was a two 7" gatefold that had a extra song on it from Too Tough To Die, though i cannot remember right now what it was. Nice one Longy!
Kennyhel77

Anonymous said...

I suspect I will certainly be in a minority of one here… this was the point that I started to give up on the Ramones. Having been a big fan for eight years since the summer of ‘77 when I bought Swallow My Pride, this single was a low point for them for me.

Kes

Longy said...

If we all agreed on everything, it would be a boring old world Kes!

Trust you to have the extra track Kenny lol

Anonymous said...

it is Chasing The Night. Also found on Too Tough To Die. Hmmm, thought it was something from the album...
Kennyhel77